Board and Staff
Board of Directors
Our leadership includes representation from across the county - from business owners to local government officials, from educators to business resource providers – our leaders help guide Nassau County, Florida to create a more diverse local economy now and for future generations.
2021-2022 Board Members
- James Weaver, Chair, First Federal Bank
- Carmen North, Vice-Chair, Raymond James
- Len Kregger, Treasurer, City of Fernandina Beach, Vice Mayor
- Randy Knagge, Immediate Past Chair, Callahan Planning Zoning, Florida Blue
- John Vonnoh, Rayonier Advanced Materials, District 1 Representative
- Aaron Bell, Nassau County Commissioner – District 2
- Mike Cole, Ocean Highway Port Authority, Fernandina Beach
- Jim Bush, Florida Power & Light
- Michael Cassel, Florida Public Utilities
- Michael Hahaj, Raydient Places + Properties
- Brenton Franklin, Axis Management, District 4 Representative
- Donna Martin, Florida State College Jacksonville, Nassau Center
- Jodi Henson, University of North Florida/Small Business Development Center Nassau
- Jefferey Bunch, Nassau County School Board, Director of Facilities
- Sarah Edwards, Retired Coco-Cola, District 2 Representative
- Kenny Farmer, Florida Highway Patrol, District 5 Representative
- Jerry Hinson, Regional Development Assoc., LLC
- Mary Pitcher, Sea Horse Properties
- Bruce Jasinsky, Coldwell Banker, The Amelia Group, District 3 Representative
Within minutes of meeting Sherri Mitchell, you’ll be captivated by her high-energy.
Sherri joined the Nassau County Economic Development Board in August of 2017 to spearhead the organization’s community workforce development initiatives. In November 2019 she has stepped in as Interim Executive Director and is currently working on establishing a sustainable, three-to-five-year strategic plan.
Her accomplishments include:
- Assembled a Community Think Tank comprised of human resource professionals, business owners, and decision-makers who share and formulate workforce best practices.
- Achieved Society for Human Resource Management Recertification allowing the NCEDB to serve as a facilitator for human resource training in Nassau County. Under Sherri’s leadership, industry experts hosted quarterly seminars and workshops for the Nassau County business community.
- Collaborated with Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ) Nassau Campus to provide OSHA classes meeting the needs of our business community
- Formed the Nassau Industry Network to serve as a voice for current and future manufacturers in Nassau County, Florida. The Nassau Industry Network aims to elevate the role of manufacturing within the community, raise awareness of current and future jobs and skills, and develop the Women in Manufacturing initiatives. As a result, Nassau County made proclamations declaring October as Manufacturing Month.
- Conducted Hurricane Preparedness Workshops bringing experts from emergency management, insurance, utilities and law enforcement together to provide strategic and tactical resources and action plans to business owners and residents.
- Cultivated the Entrepreneur Program with the Nassau County School District to partner entrepreneurial-minded students with local business owners.
- Lead National Manufacturing Day activities including industry-related tours for students and teachers of Nassau County.
Prior to joining the Nassau County Economic Development Board, Sherri played a key role in supporting Jacksonville, Florida’s manufacturing community as the Director of Finance and Workforce Development of the First Coast Manufacturing Association.
Tina brings over 15 years of experience in Office Management, Human Resources, and Accounting. She assists with the implementation of the organization's policies and procedures. Tina has already streamlined the daily operations. Her attention to detail saves time and money which is essential to NCEDB. Tina maintains the financials, oversees adherence to office strategies. Tina received her Associate Degree from DeVry University. Tina has been a resident of Nassau County since she moved from Bessemer City, NC in 1976. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her husband, children, and grandchildren.
Jennifer has over ten years of experience in design, branding, and marketing. As a graduate of Valdosta State University with a BA, she specializes in designing layouts, developing styles for websites, social media promotions, direct mail, and corporate communications. Jennifer lives in Yulee, Florida, with her husband and daughter.
Simone Stewart is a Senior Administrative Assistant with eight years of experience working alongside the executive team of a Private Sector Imaging Facility in Nassau County. Simone specializes in administrative technology and provides high level administrative support, also working as the liaison to the board of directors and executive committee. Simone’s strengths also include using progressive systems and applications, mass communication procedures and organizational apps. Simone is a powerful force in the workplace and uses her positive attitude and tireless energy to encourage others to work hard and succeed. Simone is currently attending University of North Florida as she prepares for her CPA. A native of Sanderson, Florida, Simone currently resides in Fernandina Beach, Florida.